After extensive research with construction professionals and months of development, we at BuildSite are pleased to announce the launch of Submittal.com – our new online application that simplifies construction submittal authoring!
Since we founded our company over 15 years ago, our goal has been to make it easier for builders, designers, and manufacturer and distributor reps to get their jobs done. Today, people across the industry use buildsite.com daily to source building material data, get up-to-date price quotes for materials, and build submittals. But we would like to do more.
One thing that hasn’t changed much over the years is the way that submittals get done. Unless you’re invested in a complex enterprise software system, creating submittal packages involves a lot of paperwork, time, and patience. And we all hate paperwork! Yet, detailed submittals are critical to ensuring that buildings get built properly, as designed.
This is what inspired us to create Submittal.com. We sought to deliver something that was as simple-to-use and standards-compliant as possible, so builders can spend less time doing administrative tasks or learning complex software, and more time creating value on the job.
Our initial release of Submittal.com focuses primarily on simplifying the authoring, sending, and accessing of submittals. It will be most useful for subcontractors and others tasked with putting together submittal packages to deliver to GCs. Some of the features include:
- A clean, immediate view of all in-process and sent projects and packages.
- The ability to send submittals as web pages for easier access, eliminating the risk of bounced emails due to attachment size restrictions.
- A Status History — quickly verify when packages were created, sent, and opened.
- An flexible interface to efficiently gather and organize data sheets, shop drawings, and other project documents and tie them to MasterFormat specifications.
- Annotation tools to highlight and clarify information on submittal PDFs.
- A document library, making it easy to store and find frequently used documents.
- Instantly downloadable PDF files with automatically generated tables of contents and transmittal information.
Looking forward, we expect to make things even better. The next release will include direct access to BuildSite’s database of over 60,000 documents, the ability to link submittal documents to the Project Manual, assignments and approvals, and other features we think subs, GC’s, and designers will be happy to see.
If you’re currently doing submittals on BuildSite and it’s working well for you, please stay the course — we’ll be improving that too. If you are a GC, an engineering contractor, or a sub working in Divisions 9, 10, MEP, or utilities, then check out Submittal.com. It should be a better solution for you.
We hope you’ll give submittal.com a try! The free 30-trial makes it easy to get on board. There’s no obligation and no restrictions — all the features are accessible.
And please tell us what you think. We’re here to make your job easier, so if we can improve on something, we definitely want to know. Just email us at email@example.com. And if you need help getting started on a submittal, send us your spec book.
We are most grateful to our friends in the industry who have helped us get Submittal.com off the ground. It’s been, and continues to be, a fulfilling and rewarding adventure. Thanks for working with us!
Founder & President, BuildSite LLC